Last Updated: November 23rd, 2020
Thank you for using Dancer's life!
§ We will ensure that all actions are in place to keep your data secure. Even the biggest websites sometimes are targeted by people trying to obtain information that is protected. Use due diligence when sharing anything online that is of a personal nature or you wish to never be shared.
§ You have the right to request that we remove data that is stored about you under the GDPR laws. These laws only cover citizens of EU member states but we extend these right to any of our users regardless of region.
§ If any data is shared with third party, we will do our best to ensure that the data is anonymous and your details are safe.
§ We use ads and affiliate programs among other methods to generate revenue from the Dancer’s Life Platform. Some of these programs will track clicks and basic user data (but not personal data) to tailor the ads to users.
The Dancer's Life Platform and domain dancers.life, and all of the webpages, subdomains, and subparts of this website (collectively, the "Dancer's Life"), all of the services available on or through website or otherwise provided by us are offered, maintained and provided by Dancer's life. Dancer's life is the business name under which a Limited company is registered in Slovenia with VAT number 39592731, its place of business is at Ižanska cesta 88a, Ljubljana, Slovenia.
· Personal Data (or Personal Identification Information - PII) - Any information that directly, indirectly, or in connection with other information allows for the identification or identifiability of a natural person.
· Usage Data (or Non-personal Identification Information) - Information collected automatically through Dancer's life (or third-party services employed by Dancer's life), which can include: the IP addresses or domain names of the computers utilized by Dancer's life Users, the URI addresses (Uniform Resource Identifier), the time of the request, the method utilized to submit the request to the server, the size of the file received in response, the numerical code indicating the status of the server's answer (successful outcome, error, etc.), the country of origin, the features of the browser and the operating system utilized by the User, the various time details per visit (e.g., the time spent on each page within the website or application) and the details about the path followed within the website and application with special reference to the sequence of pages visited, and other parameters about the device operating system and/or the User's IT environment.
· User - The individual using Dancer's Life Platform who, unless otherwise specified in Terms of Service, coincides with the Data Subject.
· Controller – Dancer’s Life Ltd or other subject/entity that uses personal data for own purposes and determines the causes and means of processing.
· Processor – Dancer’s Life Ltd or other entity, that processes data on behalf of the controller.
· Data Subject - The natural person to whom the Personal Data refers.
· Website and applications - The means by which the Personal Data of the User is collected and processed.
· Service - The service provided by Dancer's Life as described in the relative Terms of Service.
· Cookies - Small files saved to the user's computers hard drive that track, save and store information about the user's interactions and usage of the website. These cookies help create a tailored experience for the user within this website, such as better event recommendations based on the past websites visited.
We collect information from you when you register to Dancer's life, subscribe to a newsletter or enter information on our site or application. When registering on Dancer’s Life Platform, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address or other details to help you with your experience. Among the types of Data that Dancer’s Life collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: Personal Data, Usage Data and Cookies. Personal Data may be freely provided by the User, or, in case of Usage Data and Cookies, collected exclusively on the basis of the user’s prior approval on Dancer’s Life Platform.
Dancer's life will collect PII from Users in a variety of ways, including, but not limited to, when Users visit Dancer’s Life Platform, register, become a Partner and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available through Dancer's life. Users may, however, visit Dancer's life Platform anonymously. The amount of information provide by the user is completely voluntary; however, providing less information might limit a user’s ability to access all of the Dancer's Life Platform's features.
There are three general categories of information we collect:
We ask for and collect the following personal information about you when you use the Dancer's Life Platform:
· Account Information. When you sign up for Dancer's Life Account, we require certain information such as your first name, last name, email address, dance role, dance style and location.
· Profile and Event Information. To use certain features of the Dancer's Life Platform (such as booking or creating a teacher profile or an event), we may ask you to provide additional information, which may include your address, phone number and profile picture.
· Communications with Dancer's Life and other Users. When you communicate with Dancer's Life or use the Dancer's Life to communicate with other Users, we collect information about your communication and any information you choose to provide.
· Booking, Subscription and Payment Services. Dancer's Life collects information related to your booking and subscription to video channel through the Dancer's Life Platform, including the payment instrument used, date and time, payment amount and other related booking details. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and Dancer's Life, to allow the provision of the Booking and access to video channel. Dancer's life will never ask for, store, gather, aggregate, or otherwise access any of your financial information. Dancer's ife does not store any credit card or payment information on its site. All monetary transactions are executed through Braintree. Dancer's life is not liable for any monetary transactions executed in relation to any of the services. But it does store Booking and Subscription Information.
This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us and to allow us to comply with our legal obligations. Without it, we may not be able to provide you with all the requested services and features.
You may choose to provide us with additional personal information in order to obtain a better user experience when using Dancer's Life Platform. This additional information will be processed based on your consent.
· Additional Profile Information. You may choose to provide additional information as part of your Dancer's Life profile (such as gender, preferred language and a personal description). Some of this information as indicated in your Account settings is part of your public profile page if you are a dance teacher/artist, and will be publicly visible to others.
· Other Information. You may otherwise choose to provide us additional information when you fill in a form, conduct a search, follow a profile, update or add information to your Dancer's Life Account, respond to surveys, participate in promotions, or use other features of Dancer's Life.
When you use the Dancer's Life Platform and Apps, we automatically collect information, including personal information, about the Dancer's Life services and functionalities you use and how you use them. This information is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, to enable us to comply with legal obligations and given our legitimate interest in being able to troubleshoot, provide and improve the functionalities of the Dancer's Life.
· Geo-location Information. When you use certain features of the Dancer's Life, we may collect information about your precise or approximate location as determined through data such as your IP address or mobile device’s GPS to offer you an improved user experience. Most mobile devices allow you to control or disable the use of location services for applications in the device’s settings menu.
· Usage Information and Analytics data. We collect information about your interactions with the Dancer's Life Platform such as the pages or content you view, your searches for Profiles, Events or bookings you have made, and other actions on Dancer's Life Platform.
· System Log Data and Device Information (Operation and maintenance). We automatically collect log data and device information when you access and use Dancer's Life Platform, even if you have not created a Dancer's Life Account or logged in. That information includes, among other things: details about how you’ve used the Dancer's Life Platform (including if you clicked on links to third party applications), IP address, access dates and times, hardware and software information, device information, device event information, unique identifiers, crash data, cookie data.
Dancer's Life may collect information, including personal information, that others provide about you when they use the Dancer's Life Platform, or obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Dancer's Life Platform. We do not control, supervise or respond for how the third parties providing your information process your personal data, and any information request regarding the disclosure of your personal information to us should be directed to such third parties.
· Third Party Services. If you link, connect, or login to your Dancer's Life Account with a third party service (e.g. Google, Facebook), the third party service may send us information such as your registration and profile information from that service. This information varies and is controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
· Other Sources. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data or fraud detection information, from third party service providers and/or partners, and combine it with information we have about you. For example, we may receive background check results (with your consent where required) or fraud warnings from service providers like identity verification services for our fraud prevention and risk assessment efforts. We may receive information about you and your activities on and off the Dancer's Life Platform or about your experiences and interactions through partnerships or from our partner ad networks.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through Dancer's Life and confirm that they have the third party's consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
We may use, store and process the information (including personal information) we collect from you when you register, make a booking, sign up for our newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, surf the Dancer’s Life Platform, or use certain other Dancer’s Life Platform features to run and operate Dancer’s Life Platform and to provide our Services, as well as for the following purposes:
• to understand, improve, and develop the Dancer's Life Platform in order to better serve you;
• to personalize user’s experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content, services and features in which you are most interested by understanding how our Users as a group use the services and resources provided on the website and inside the Apps;
• to improve customer service and allow us to serve you better in responding to your customer service requests, inquiries, questions, other requests and support needs more efficiently;
• to run a promotion, contest, survey or other Dancer’s Life features;
• to send Users information they agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to them;
• to send periodic emails regarding general and personalized notifications, updates regarding Dancer's Life and marketing communications;
• to monetize our marketing services meaning Analytics, Access to third-party accounts and Displaying content from external platforms with aggregated data, for this purpose no personal information will be used;
• to create and maintain a trusted and safer environment and
• to comply with our legal obligations, to display content on Dancer’s Life Platform correctly and to verify your identity, the validity and legality of your transactions.
In regards to the cookies, their purpose is to help us:
· save you from having to login every time you visit the website or open the App;
· remember your settings during and between visits;
· offer you free services and content, thanks to advertising;
· improve the speed and security of Dancer’s Life Platform;
· allow you to share our content with social networks like Facebook;
· personalise Dancer’s Life Platform to help you get what you need faster;
· continuously improve Dancer’s Life Platform for you;
· make our marketing more efficient
· offer the service we do at the most affordable price we can.
We DO NOT proccess the information to pass PII or sensitive data to advertising networks or third parties (without your express permission),
Dancer’s Life takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data. The Data processing is carried out using computers and IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to Dancer’s Life team, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of Dancer’s Life Platform (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, by Dancer’s Life. With these types of persons, Dancers Life Ltd has concluded a contract determining the duration, nature and purpose of processing, type of personal data being processed, categories of individuals that these personal data concerns and also obligations and rights of the controller regarding the processing of such personal data. The content of this agreement can also be determined by a unilateral act adopted by the processor. The updated list of these parties may be requested from Dancer’s Life at any time.
The Data is processed at Dancer’s Life operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Depending on the User's location, data transfers may involve transferring the User's Data to a country other than their own. Users are entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by Dancer’s Life to safeguard their Data. If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with Dancer’s Life using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore, Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between Dancer’s Life and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed. Personal Data collected for the purposes of Dancer’s Life’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Dancer’s Life may be allowed to retain Personal Data also for a longer period after the abovementioned purposes have been fulfilled, for example in case of deactivation of the account. In that case Personal data can be stored for a maximum of three years after the account deactivation, whenever the User has given consent to such processing. On the expiry of this period personal data is deleted.
Furthermore, Dancer’s Life may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period also in cases where such data storage is required for the compliance to a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
We process this information given our legitimate interest in improving the Dancer's Life Platform and our Users' experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you:
· to enable you to access and use the Dancer's Life Platform;
· to operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Dancer's Life Platform and experience with it (performing analytics and conducting research);
· to provide customer service;
· to send you service or support messages, updates, security alerts, and account notifications;
· to operate, protect, improve, and optimize the Dancer's Life Platform experience, and personalize and customize your experience (such as making event suggestions or ranking search results), we conduct profiling based on your interactions with the Dancer's Life Platform, your search and booking history, your profile information and preferences, and other content you submit to the Dancer's Life Platform.
We process this information given our legitimate interest in protecting the Dancer's Life Platform, to measure the adequate performance of our contract with you, and to comply with applicable laws:
· detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity;
· conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
· verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you.
· conduct checks against databases and other information sources, including background or police checks, to the extent permitted by applicable laws and with your consent where required;
· comply with our legal obligations.
· resolve any disputes with any of our Members and enforce our agreements with third parties;
· enforce our Terms of Service and other policies.
In connection with the activities above, we may conduct profiling based on your interactions with Dancer's Life Platform, your profile information and other content you submit to the Dancer's Life Platform, and information obtained from third parties. In limited cases, automated processes may restrict or suspend access to the Dancer's Life Platform if such processes detect a User or activity that we think poses a safety or other risk to the Dancer's Life Platform, other Users, or third parties.
We use services that have the purpose of hosting Data and files that enable the Website and Apps to run and be distributed as well as to provide a ready-made infrastructure to run specific features or parts of Dancer’s Life Platform. Some of these services work through geographically distributed servers, making it difficult to determine the actual location where the Personal Data is stored.
We use website function cookies to make our website and apps work including:
· determining if you are logged in or not;
· tailoring content to your needs;
· remembering if we have already asked you certain questions (e.g. completed certain info in a form).
There is no way to prevent these cookies from being set otherwise than to not use Dancer’s Life Platform. If you do not agree with the cookies, do not use the platform.
For the purpose of informing our Users, by registering on Dancer’s Life Platform the User approves his signing-up to Dancer’s Life mailing list. You will receive emails that may include news, updates, related product or service information, etc. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Users are given the opportunity to un-subscribe/opt-out at any time through an automated system by following the unsubscribe link included in each of the newsletters or by contacting the Owner. This process is detailed at the footer of each email campaign. If an automated unsubscription system is unavailable clear instructions on how to unsubscribe will by detailed instead.
Email marketing campaigns published by Dancer’s Life or its owners may contain tracking facilities within the actual email. Subscriber activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include; the opening of emails, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity. This information is used to refine future email campaigns and supply the user with more relevant content based around their activity.
We use services that makes it possible for Dancer's Life Platform to manage a database of email contacts, phone contacts or any other contact information to communicate with the User. These services may also collect data concerning the date and time when the message was viewed by the User, as well as when the User interacted with it, such as by clicking on links included in the message.
Dancer’s Life may review, scan, or analyze your communications on the Dancer's Life Platform for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research, and customer support purposes. For example, as part of our fraud prevention efforts, we scan and analyze messages to unmask contact information and references to other websites. In some cases, we may also scan, review, or analyze messages to debug, improve, and expand product offerings. We use automated methods where reasonably possible. However, occasionally we may need to manually review some communications, such as for fraud investigations and customer support, or to assess and improve the functionality of these automated tools. We will not review, scan, or analyze your communications to send third party marketing messages to you, and we will not sell reviews or analyses of these communications. These activities are carried out based on Dancer's Life's legitimate interest in ensuring compliance with applicable laws and our Terms, preventing fraud, promoting safety, and improving and ensuring the adequate performance of our services.
The Payments Data Controller processes this information given its legitimate interest in improving the Payment Services and its users’ experience with it, and where it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract with you and to comply with applicable laws:
· enable you to access and use the Payment Services;
· detect and prevent fraud, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activity;
· conduct security investigations and risk assessments;
· conduct checks against databases and other information sources;
· comply with legal obligations (such as anti-money laundering regulations);
· enforce the Payment terms and other payment policies.
We will process your personal information for the purposes listed in this section given our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest. You can opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us by following the unsubscribe instructions included in our marketing communications or changing your notification settings within your Dancer's Life Account. We will process data to:
· send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, and other information that may be of interest to you based on your preferences (including information about Dancer's Life or partner campaigns and services) and social media advertising through social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Google;
· personalize, measure, and improve our advertising;
· administer referral programs, rewards, surveys, sweepstakes, contests, or other promotional activities or events sponsored or managed by Dancer's Life or its third party partners;
· conduct profiling on your characteristics and preferences (based on the information you provide to us, your interactions with the Dancer's Life Platform, information obtained from third parties, and your search and booking history) to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising and other information that we think may be of interest to you.
You may notice that sometimes after visiting a site you see increased numbers of adverts from the site you visited. We use Google and Facebook Retargeting pixels to advertise to visitors of the website at a later date. The technology to do this is made possible by cookies and as such we may place a so called “remarketing cookie” during your visit. We use these adverts to offer special offers etc. to encourage you to come back to our platform. Don't worry we are unable to proactively reach out to you as the whole process is entirely anonymised. You can opt out of these cookies at anytime at Your online choices.
We use services that enable the Owner to monitor and analyze web traffic and can be used to keep track of User behavior. We compile visitor statistics such as how many people have visited our website, what type of technology they are using (e.g. Mac or Windows which helps to identify when our site isn't working as it should for particular technologies), how long they spend on the site, what page they look at etc. This helps us to continuously improve our website. These so called “analytics” programs also tell us if how people reached this site (e.g. from a search engine) and whether they have been here before helping us to put more money into developing our services for you instead of marketing spend. We use:
Dancer's Life Platform need to use personal user data in connection with website maintenance, upgrades, new releases, or analytics data review or compilation. Dancer's Life Platform will be required to share user data with any third-party service providers that it might engage to assist in these efforts. Similarly, Dancer's Life Platform have to share user information in connection with third-party marketing or advertising services.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties.
We have included sharing buttons on Dancer’s Life Platform, so you can easily like or share our content on the likes of Facebook, Twitter and Instagram or or read more information about professionals, dance schools and dance events on their social channels. Cookies are set by:
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
We use services that allow Dancer's Life Platform and app to access Data from your account on a third-party service and perform actions with it to allow you to log into our website easily with the credentials you already use in these social networks. These services are not activated automatically, but require explicit authorization by the User.
Dancer's life does not share any personal user information with any other website or third party organization without your consent, but keep in mind all user-generated Content including events, posts, images, and audio/video clips posted on Dancer's life are made accessible to users and to the public.
The Dancer's Life Platform lets you publish information, including personal information, that is visible to the general public. For example:
· Teachers, Dance schools and Organizers - Your public profile page, on which you provide your name, contact (email, telephone, address, website, social media), description, events, etc. is publicly visible to others.
· Event pages are publicly visible and include information such as the dates, location, description, schedule, photo, video, teachers and any other information you choose to share.
Dancer's life Is not responsible of the validy of the information in the event directory and on the profiles, it is the event organizer, professional and/or dance school responsibility.
Based on our legitimate interest to promote Dancer's Life we may display parts of the Dancer's Life Platform (e.g., your Event page) on sites operated by our business partners, using technologies such as widgets or APIs. If your Events are displayed on a partner’s site, information from your public profile page may also be displayed.
Information you share publicly on the Dancer's Life may be indexed through third party search engines. In some cases, you may opt-out of this feature in your Account settings. If you change your settings or your public-facing content, these search engines may not update their databases. We do not control the practices of third party search engines, and they may use caches containing your outdated information.
To help facilitate bookings or other interactions between Users, we may need to share certain information, including personal information, with other Users (Dance schools, Organizers and Teachers), as it is necessary for the adequate performance of the contract between you and us, as follows:
· When you as a Attende submit a booking request, certain information about you is shared with the Organizer, Dance School or Teacher (and Co-organizer, if applicable), including your full name, the full name of any additional Attende (Dance Partner, Group), your cancellation history, and other information you agree to share. When your booking is confirmed, we will disclose additional information to assist with coordinating the event, like your phone number and email.
· When you as an Organizer, Dance School or Teacher (or Co-organizer, if applicable) have a confirmed booking, certain information is shared with the Attende to coordinate the booking, such as your full name, phone number, email and event address.
· When you as an Organizer, Dance School or Teacher invite another User to become a Co-organizer, you authorize the Co-organizer to access your information and Event Content, including but not limited to certain information like your full name, phone number, event address, and email address.
· When you as an Attende invite additional Attende to a booking, your full name, event dates, organizer name, event details, and other related information will be shared with each additional Attende.
· When you as an Attende initiate a Group Payment Booking Request certain information about each participant such as your full name, as well as the booking details is shared among all participants of the Group Payment Booking Request.
We don’t share your billing and payout information with other Users.
Users may find advertising or other content on Dancer’s Life Platform that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by linked websites. By clicking on any of these links, you are leaving the Dancer's Life Platform. Dancer's life has no control over the information collected by any third party after you have left the Dancer's Life Platform. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies, we advise and encourage you to read them. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Dancer’s Life cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should therefore note they click on external links at their own risk and Dancer’s Life and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Dancer's Life uses a variety of third party service providers to help us provide services related to the Dancer's Life Platform. Service providers may be located inside or outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In particular, our service providers are based in Europe, India, Asia Pacific and North and South America. Dancer's Life will need to share your information, including personal information, in order to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you.
For example, service providers may help us:
· verify your identity or authenticate your identification documents,
· check information against public databases,
· conduct background or police checks, fraud prevention, and risk assessment,
· perform product development, maintenance and debugging,
· allow the provision of the Dancer's Life Services through third party platforms and software tools (e.g. through the integration with our APIs), or
· provide customer service, advertising, or payments services.
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions, and other ad service functions as they relate to Dancer’s Life Platform.
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that Dancer’s Life and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively. Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate / engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. Dancer’s Life nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email. This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Based on your explicit consent that you give when registrating on Dancer’s Life Platform we may hash and share with social media platforms, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter or Google, to generate leads, drive traffic to Dancer’s Life platform or otherwise promote products and services of Dancer’s Life. These processing activities are based on our legitimate interest in undertaking marketing activities to offer you products or services that may be of your interest. The social media platforms with which we may share your personal data are not controlled or supervised by Dancer’s Life. Therefore, any questions regarding how your social media platform service provider processes your personal data should be directed to such provider. Please note that you may, at any time ask Dancer’s Life to cease processing your data for these direct marketing purposes by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dancer’s Life and its owners may share web links to relevant web pages through their social media platform accounts. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy urls. Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened urls published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine urls are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore Dancer’s Life and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
You may link your Dancer’s Life Account with your account at a third party social networking service. When you create this link:
· some of the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be published on your Dancer’s Life Account profile;
· your activities on the Dancer’s Life Platform may be displayed on that third party site;
· a link to your public profile on that third party social networking service may be included in your Dancer’s Life public profile;
· the information you provide to us from the linking of your accounts may be stored, processed and transmitted for fraud prevention and risk assessment purposes; and
· the publication and display of information that you provide to Dancer’s Life through this linkage is subject to your settings and authorizations on the Dancer’s Life Platform and the third party site.
We only collect your information from linked third party accounts to the extent necessary to ensure the adequate performance of our contract with you, or to ensure that we comply with applicable laws, or with your consent.
Dancer’s Life may share aggregated information (information about our users that we combine together so that it no longer identifies or references an individual user) and other anonymized information for regulatory compliance, industry and market analysis, demographic profiling, marketing, advertising, and other business purposes.
Everybody is concerned about the security of their data, that is why at Dancer’s life we take IT security seriously. We recognize the risks and take the appropriate measures to protect your data. Dancer’s Life will use all necessary measures to protect the security of your data. However, it’s impossible for the company to completely guarantee that user data will be immune from malicious attack or compromise; as such, the users should understand that their transmission of personal data is always at your own risk.
We are continuously implementing and updating administrative, technical, and physical security measures to help protect your information against unauthorized access, loss, destruction, or alteration. We use a secure server cluster situated in a secure data centre to protect all the information you provide us with. We have invested heavily in equipment and highly qualified staff to ensure all information you enter is protected from access by any third party and only necessary and restricted access is available internally. We use an SSL certificate to help protect your information and encrypt your data. We also protect all our connections to the Internet using various security measures including firewalls and regular security audits on all our servers. We do not use vulnerability scanning and/or scanning to PCI standards.
If you know or have reason to believe that your Dancer’s Life Account credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorized use of your Dancer’s Life Account, please contact us following the instructions in the Contact Us section below.
In order to be in line with Fair Information Practices we will take the following responsive action, should a data breach occur to notify the users via email within 7 business days.
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner. In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
· Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated, changed or corrected and also toadjust or cease the frequency with which they receive company communications
· Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by Dancer’s Life, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
· Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User's consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
· Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, Dancer’s Life will not process their Data for any purpose other than the one they have given their consent for.
· Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
· Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data, except in cases where the processing is necessary for carrying out a public interest task or public authority, granted to the processor or in cases where the processing is necessary for legal purposes. Users always have the right to object to processing of their data when the data is used for purposes of direct marketing.
· Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from Dancer’s Life.
· Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
You may exercise any of the rights described in this section before Dancer’s Life by sending an email to email@example.com. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before taking further action on your request.
Each user is responsible for keeping their personal information up-to-date. You may access and update some of your information through your Account settings. If you have chosen to connect your Dancer’s Life Account to a third-party application, like Facebook or Google, you can change your settings and remove permission for the app by changing your Account settings.
You have the right to ask us to correct inaccurate or incomplete personal information concerning you (and which you cannot update yourself within your Dancer’s Life Account).
In some jurisdictions, applicable law may entitle you to request copies of your personal information held by us that you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format and/or request us to transmit this information to another service provider (where technically feasible).
We generally retain your personal information for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract between you and us and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your information to provide the Dancer’s Life Platform to you, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Dancer’s Life Account. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information:
· We may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety. For example, if we suspend a Dancer’s Life Account for fraud or safety reasons, we may retain certain information from that Dancer’s Life Account to prevent that Member from opening a new Dancer’s Life Account in the future for purposes of enforcing legal claims.
· We may retain and use your personal information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations. For example, Dancer’s Life may keep some of your information for tax, legal reporting and auditing obligations.
· Information you have shared with others, personal data excluded, ay continue to be publicly visible on the Dancer’s Life Platform, even after your Dancer’s Life Account is cancelled. However, attribution of such information to you will be removed. Additionally, some copies of your information (e.g., log records) may remain in our database, but are disassociated from personal identifiers.
· Because we maintain the Dancer’s Life Platform to protect from accidental or malicious loss and destruction, residual copies of your personal information may not be removed from our backup systems for a limited period of time.
Where you have provided your consent to the processing of your personal information by Dancer’s Life you may withdraw your consent at any time by changing your Account settings or by sending a communication to Dancer’s Life specifying which consent you are withdrawing. Please note that the withdrawal of your consent does not affect the lawfulness of any processing activities based on such consent before its withdrawal.
You have the right to demand from Dancer’s Life not to process your personal information for certain specific purposes (including profiling) where such processing is based on legitimate interest. If you object to such processing Dancer’s Life will no longer process your personal information for these purposes unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or such processing is required for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims. Users may object to such processing by providing a ground related to their particular situation to justify the objection. Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether Dancer’s Life is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
Dancer’s Life may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
· Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
· provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
· processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
· processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
· processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, Dancer’s Life will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
EU data protection law makes a distinction between organisations that process Personal Data for their own purposes (known as "data controllers") and organisations that process personal data on behalf of other organisations (known as "data processors"). If you have a question or complaint about how your Personal Data is handled, these should always be directed to the relevant data controller since they are the ones with primary responsibility for your Personal Data. Dancer’s Life may act as either a data controller or a data processor in respect of your Personal Data, depending on the circumstances.
For example, if you create an Organizer, Teacher or Dance school account with us to sell Services and products, Dancer’s Life will be a data controller in respect of the Personal Data that you provide as part of your account. We will also be a data controller of the Personal Data that we have obtained about the use of Dancer’s Life Platform, which could relate to any User. We use this to conduct research and analysis to help better understand and serve Users of the Services as well as to improve Dancer’s Life Platform and provide you with more targeted recommendations about events we think may be of interest to you.
However, if you register for an event as an Attendee, we will process your Personal Data to help administer that event on behalf of the Organizer, Teacher or Dance school (for example, sending confirmation, promotional and feedback emails, processing payments, etc.) and to help the Organizer, Teacher or Dance school target, and understand the success of, their event and event planning (for example, providing event reports, using analytics to gain insights into the effectiveness of various sales channels, etc.). In these circumstances, Dancer’s life merely provides the "tools" for Organizer, Teacher or Dance school; Dancer’s life does not decide what Personal Data to request on registration forms, nor is it responsible for the continued accuracy of any Personal Data provided. Any questions that you may have relating to your Personal Data and your rights under data protection law should therefore be directed to the Organizer, Teahcer or Dance school as the data controller, not to Dancer’s life.
We do not specifically market to children and young adults under 18. When it comes to the collection of personal information from children under 1u, the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) puts parents in control.
Dancer’s Life cooperates with government and law enforcement officials to enforce and comply with the law. We may therefore disclose personal information, usage data, message data, and any other information about User, if we deem that it is reasonably necessary:
(i.) to comply with our legal obligations and satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process (such as a subpoena or court order), or enforceable governmental request and to respond to claims asserted against Dancer’s Life;
(ii.) to enforce and administer our Terms of Service, the Payment terms or other agreements with Members, including investigation of potential violations thereof;
(iii.) to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues and to respond to verified requests relating to a criminal investigation or alleged or suspected illegal activity or any other activity that may expose us, you, or any other of our users to legal liability;
(iv.) to protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Dancer’s Life, its employees, its users or the public, as required or permitted by law.
These disclosures may be necessary to comply with our legal obligations, for the protection of your or another person's vital interests or for the purposes of our or a third party’s legitimate interest in keeping the Dancer’s Life Platform secure, preventing harm or crime, enforcing or defending legal rights, or preventing damage. The User's Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of Dancer’s Life Platform. The User declares to be aware that Dancer’s Life may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Where appropriate, we may notify Users about legal requests unless:
(i)providing notice is prohibited by the legal process itself, by court order we receive, or by applicable law,
(ii) we believe that providing notice would be futile, ineffective, create a risk of injury or bodily harm to an individual or group, or create or increase a risk of fraud upon Dancer’s Life’s property, its Users and the Dancer’s Life Platform.
In instances where we comply with legal requests without notice for these reasons, we will attempt to notify that User about the request after the fact where appropriate and where we determine in good faith that we are no longer prevented from doing so.
Caution of your Own Data Safekeeping. Carefully protect your personal information that you submit on Dancer’s Life — including your passwords, usernames, location, images, and videos — so that third parties can’t manipulate your accounts or assume your identities. Do not disclose any sensitive information in the public domain. You as the User are responsible for maintaining the security of your account's information, such as your password. You are fully responsible for all activities that occur under your account, including, without limitation, all actions by sub-users of your account. You are responsible for logging out of Dancer's life fully after each session. In the event of a breach of account security, you are obligated to immediately notify Dancer's life. Dancer's life is not responsible for any loss, damage, or other liability arising from any unauthorized use of your account or through your failure to adhere to this section. In the event of any dispute between two or more parties as to account ownership, you agree that Dancer's life shall be the sole arbiter of such dispute in its sole discretion and that Dancer's life's decision (which may include termination or suspension of any account subject to dispute) shall be final and binding on all parties.
This Policy may need to be updated in the future to comply with all applicable European regulations so that we can use new technologies or improve your experience.
Dancer's Life reserves the right to change this Policy at any time in accordance with this provision. If we change the Policy, we will post the changed Policy on Dancer’s Life Platform and update the “last update” date at the top of this Policy. You will be notified of the change of the Policy by e-mail, and when you log in to Dancer's Life platform, you will be notified of the change in the Policy by asking whether you agree with the change in the Policy or not. If you do not agree with the amended Policy when logging in to the Dancer's Life platform, you will be prevented from continuing to use the platform. If the changes affect process activities carried out with the consent of the user, Dancer’s Life will request new consent from the user where necessary.
If you contact us via email, your details and a history of the communication will be stored by us in order for us to deal with enquiries adequately and improve our customer support services. Users contacting Dancer’s Life and/or its owners do so at their own discretion and provide any such personal details requested at their own risk. Your personal data is privately protected and securely stored until it is no longer needed or no longer usable, but no more than 3 years after we have received your email in which you have provided us with your personal data.